PRIVATE SECTOR EXPERIENCE
- Principal, Ryan, Houston office
- Specializes in providing multi-jurisdictional severance tax consulting services, including identifying and obtaining production tax incentives, deductions, and exemptions.
- Specializes in providing multi-provincial production royalty consulting services, including the identification of Crown royalty credits and allowances.
- Provides ongoing severance tax and Crown royalty compliance consulting services to clients on a multi-national basis.
- Analyzes internal tax and royalty compliance processes and provides recommendations for best practices in process enhancement.
- More than 13 years of tax consulting experience.
- Upstream oil and gas subject matter expert. More than 13 years of oil and gas industry experience.
- Director, Ryan, Houston office
- Manager, Ryan, Houston office
- Senior Associate, national accounting firm
- Provided consultation on state and local tax matters specifically related to income and franchise tax, sales and use tax, and severance tax.
- Client base concentrated in oil and gas with a focus on exploration and production companies and oil field service companies.
- Participated in business development initiatives, external speeches, presentations, and project budgeting.
- Associate, national accounting firm
- Accountant, national oil and gas company
Mr. Abel lectures and provides training on various tax topics for Ryan clients.
EDUCATION & ACCREDITATION
- Bachelor of Business Administration Degree, Accounting (Emphasis in Corporate Finance), The University of Texas at Austin