PRIVATE SECTOR EXPERIENCE
- Principal, Ryan, Chicago-Wacker Drive office
- More than 26 years of experience in the property tax industry.
- Specializes in matters of valuation, assessment, taxation, and exemption for real property on a state and local level. Assignments have involved assessment and valuation issues for hotels, office buildings, data centers, industrial buildings, retail centers, and apartment buildings.
- Responsible for the continued development of the Midwest property tax practice, which includes more than 40 professionals providing property tax consulting and compliance services to organizations throughout the United States.
- Director, national property tax consulting firm
- Senior Manager, Property Tax, national accounting firm
- Consultant, Property Tax, law firm
Mr. King has appeared before numerous appeal boards and state assessment authorities in Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, and Wisconsin with regard to commercial real estate. He has also presented on various property tax topics to Ryan clients.
BOARD & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Institute for Professionals in Taxation
- International Association of Assessing Officers
EDUCATION & ACCREDITATION
- Bachelor of Science Degree, Finance, Illinois State University
- Certified Member of the Institute (CMI), Property Tax, Institute for Professionals in Taxation
- Certified Senior Property Tax Consultant, Licensed in Texas