PRIVATE SECTOR EXPERIENCE
- Principal, Ryan, Ft. Lauderdale-Downtown office
- Specializes in the valuation, assessment, and taxation for clients in a variety of industries, including commercial and industrial properties, home builders, financial, and hospitality.
- Leads Commercial Real Estate practice in Florida, managing offices in Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, and Tampa.
- Leads National Timeshare initiative and Single-Family Rental initiative within the Property Tax Services group.
- Director, ONESOURCE Property Tax, property tax consulting firm
- Responsible for managing Florida Commercial Real Estate practice.
- Senior Manager, Property Tax, national accounting firm
- Manager, Property Tax, national accounting firm
Mr. Thobani has given many presentations throughout his career to various executive boards, local taxing authorities, and professional associations in the property tax industry.
BOARD & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- American Resort Development Association
- Florida Association of Property Tax Professionals
- Board of Directors
- Institute for Professionals in Taxation
- International Association of Assessing Officers
- International Council of Shopping Centers
EDUCATION & ACCREDITATION
- Bachelor of Business Administration Degree, Accounting, Baruch College
- NYU Schack Institute of Real Estate – Real Estate Valuation
- Completed various appraisal related courses offered by the Institute for Professionals in Taxation, International Association of Assessing Officers, and Appraisal Institute